Wednesday 30 June 2010

BEING CREATIVE


Being creative with make up is not just adding lashings of make up but being clever with colours and techniques and the trick is to get them all blending as the one look. It can be tempting to keep adding and adding and end up with a scary looking model. Nowadays we are lucky to have photoshop to clean up looks and change colours if you have to. However I love the art of make up that minimum retouched has to be done. Generally I love working with colours and experimenting with different materials and texture. Its a step by step layering process where you add just enough. It is easier to have less on the skin and then build up so you don't waste time in correcting your make up. A lot of my creative looks have happened by accident with a general idea of what I want to achieve but depending on the day of the model skin type and look this can sway me to change my mind. This comes through experience of following my gut feeling if something doesn't look right. it is important to customise the look to fit the model. Not the model to fit your look unless you are in charge of the casting. It is important to discuss the way it should be photographed with the photographer first as certain lights may not be flattering for the look especially on a photo shoot. Here are examples of some of creative looks that have challenged me shot by Nuno Veleso, Fabrice Lachant and Camille Sanson.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts